• Release authentic worship and the presence of God outside of the four walls of the church in open-air and public places.
• Gather worshippers and everyone who loves Jesus.
• Facilitate an environment that reaches out to the lost and makes the gospel plain and known.
• Reveal the love of Jesus to the world though healings, signs and wonders.
• Provide Jesus Festivals* that display the kingdom of God and welcome the lost.
* The central theme of our festival is Jesus Christ. We block off streets and invite food vendors, speakers and music artists with the primary goal of revealing the love of Jesus.
Worship is the landing pad for God’s presence. As priests of this new covenant, we are carrying His “ark” (Presence) into public places—for men to know, encounter, and experience the beauty of Jesus. Our heart is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to see the works of Christ made manifest. We are passionate about taking Jesus to the people.
“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose,” (Acts 16:25-26a).
Chris Burns is a worship leader, preacher, and revivalist. He is marked with the call to see the presence of God invade people’s lives, people’s homes, and entire cities.
Chris and his wife Danielle—along with their children Jude, Mila and Elisabeth—live in San Francisco, CA. They are stewarding The Sound Movement by hosting outdoor worship gatherings and nationwide Jesus Festivals.
God spoke to Chris Burns, casting a vision to throw this generation on the bones of an “old movement,” as the dead man was thrown upon the bones of Elisha. God revealed that there is still enough power left in the bones of the past Jesus People Movement to raise this generation from the dead. And if the sound of Jubilee would be released through worship in San Francisco, CA, God would release a national awakening of new Jesus People* and Musician Missionaries** who would take their songs and testimonies to the open-air places, streets, and public places of America and beyond for a massive harvest of souls! They began worship on the streets, and they declared the gospel with signs and wonders to those who would come. It culminated with a national gathering in San Francisco. For every day of the entire summer of 2017 worship gatherings happened throughout the city. It was truly the summer of love songs to Jesus.
* The Jesus People movement was a unique combination of the hippie counterculture and evangelical Christianity. It first appeared in the famed "Summer of Love" of 1967, in San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district.
** Musician Missionaries spread the gospel of Jesus through worship.